YMCA Fairthorne Manor
School Trips @ YMCA
At Fairthorne Manor, we use a wide variety of activity programmes to help develop life skills, stimulate learning and improve confidence.
Our programmes include water activities (kayaking, canoeing, raft building, bell boating), high ropes (climbing, abseiling, Jacob's Ladder, aerial runway and more), team sessions (blind trail, team challenge, obstacle course, initiative tests) and much more.
We appreciate the great importance of a group trip, recognising the value of the complete residential experience delivered to a high standard by our impressive staff team.
The YMCA Way brings together our values and our mission to deliver outstanding services.
Why book YMCA for Residential School Trips and Educational Visits?
There are many reasons to choose Fairthorne Manor:
1. Our values - welcoming, active, listening, inspiring, caring, exciting.
2. Course flexibility – day and residential visits
3. Our staff - fully qualified, welcoming, approachable, versatile
4. Our activities – wide range of options to develop team building, problem solving, decision making and personal challenge.
5. Inclusion – our site, activities and facilities are suitable for children and young people with additional needs
6. Single site – all facilities and activities located on a single site
7. Accommodation – two comfortable blocks and camping options in YMCA tents
8. Catering – healthy and nutritious full board service, catering for all dietary needs
9. Value for money – opportunities at affordable prices
10. Year round service – we do not close over the winter
What activities are available during group visits?
Our activity programmes help develop life skills, stimulate learning and improve confidence.
Our programmes include activities on water (kayaking, canoeing, raft building, bell boating), up high (climbing, abseiling, Jacob's Ladder, aerial runway and more), as a team (blind trail, team challenge, obstacle course, initiative tests) and much more.
What size groups do you cater for?
Is there first aid on site?
Our activity staff are first aid trained (appointed person). We do not have a sick bay or a nurse.
Do you offer access for visitors with disabilities?
All of our indoor accommodation, dining hall, toilets and common areas have disabled access. Many of our activities can be adapted for children with additional needs.
Do you cater for visitors with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
|Free Places for Teachers|
Need more inspiration?
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Below are a few similar suggestions to YMCA , or head to our tailor-made trip form and let us know how we can help you!