Isle of Wight residential adventures with Education Destination
The Isle of Wight is situated just off the south coast of England and is an extremely popular destination for school residentials.
With its sandy beaches and lengthy list of exciting activities, the journey begins with a ferry crossing from Portsmouth or Southampton. The journey across to the Isle of Wight gives the children the feeling of travelling abroad, whilst remaining relatively close to home.
Once on the island, accommodation ranges from hotels, activity centres, hostels, camping, glamping and more.
Activities are wide ranging and always fun. With activity providers based all over the island, there's plenty of exciting adventures to take part in and memories to make!
Who are Education Destination?
We are a company based on the Isle of Wight, that specialise in fun school residential trips here to this beautiful island. Our aim is to give your pupils a trip so good they will remember it for years to come!
What do they offer?
We can organise all aspects of your residential trip, based on your requirements and preferences. We are also able to offer our services for individual aspects of the trip.We offer all the following services:
- Coach - We have trusted local coach company partners that can pick you up from your school anywhere in the country. From there they will bring you across to the Isle of Wight and take you to your accommodation. The coach will take you to and from your activities each day and can offer you excellent amenities on board including air conditioning and toilet facilities.
- Ferry - Sit back and relax whilst the ferry takes you across the Solent. Stay inside the ferry or go up to the decking area to take in the stunning views of the Solent as your exciting adventure draws ever closer.
- Accommodation - Our numerous accommodation providers across the Isle of Wight will help to ensure your stay with us is as enjoyable as possible. With all our hotels signed off by our Health and Safety officer, you will receive full board accommodation. Breakfast, a packed lunch each day and an evening meal. Exclusive use is available.
- Activities - We understand that the majority of our schools want a residential trip that is fun and safe. With a large range of fun activities available across the island to keep the children (and adults) happy, the challenge is to not have too much fun!
- Risk Assessments - We can provide Risk Assessments free of charge for all aspects of your trip. We also have Safety Management Reports that we carry out to ensure everything is to your satisfaction.
- Educational Resources - There are over 700 free educational resources on our website that have been put together by experienced teachers. The aim being to provide an educational element to your trip should you so wish.
- Local Knowledge - We have a wide and varied knowledge of the Isle of Wight that is second to none. Need advice on the best way to get to the beach from your hotel? Looking for something to keep the children entertained in the evening? Interested in learning about the local history? We can offer all this and much more to really get the most from your trip.
Why would I choose Education Destination?
Lower Costs - We have agreements in place with providers across the Isle of Wight that allow us to extend our low prices onto you.
Safety - We have risk assessments and safety reports carried out by an independent contractor annually. Your safety is our priority!
Peace of Mind - We have updated our terms and conditions in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. Giving you clear and concise information to make life simpler.
Excellent Customer Service - Long held relationships with our partners enable us to offer superb customer service. We work together to provide you with the best service possible.
Expertise & Knowledge - We have decades of experience regarding the Isle of Wight and can offer an expert insight that will really enhance your experience.
Dedicated Representative - You will have a dedicated member of staff available before, during and after your visit. If you have any questions or problems, they will be there to support you throughout the whole process.
The Isle of Wight - From Queen Victoria's home, to the prison of King Charles I. From dinosaur fossils, to the world-famous Needles landmark. From the UK's oldest theme park, to the beloved coloured sands of Alum Bay. We have everything you could need for a residential trip that your pupils will remember forever. And we've not even mentioned the beautiful scenery and beaches yet!
There is a reason why the Isle of Wight is a place that is so popular with schools all across the country and abroad! It's a magical island that offers you the feeling of being abroad without the long distance, safety concerns, language issues and foreign currency! It is a place that has adventure around every corner. A land where childhood memories are made that last a lifetime.
A school residential trip with us is more than a few days away. It's a chance for us to help you create a time in each child's life that gives them independence and a celebration of fun with their friends.
Why not get in touch with us and begin your journey to the beautiful Isle of Wight...
If you are interested in hearing a bit more about how Education Destination can help you with planning your school's next activity trip then why not get in touch here.
School residentials on the beautiful Isle of Wight
We offer a 100% BESPOKE residential to the Isle of Wight for schools. This can include transport, accommodation, activities, risk assessments and so much more, allowing you to save time and money. Leave the work to us so you can focus on teaching!
More about School residentials on the beautiful Isle of Wight...
Business Studies learning outside the classroom on the Isle of Wight
Home to a plethora of businesses, large and small, servicing the Island's tourism economy as well as international aerospace, technology and manufacturing organisations. Education
More about Business Studies...
The Island Classroom
Do you like the idea of teaching your curriculum while your students minds are wide open? When better for them to learn than during the fun of your school trip? We are the Island Classroom, where you can combine fun with education in a unique way.
More about The Island Classroom...
Geography Galore – Southampton Docks and Solent
A day trip to the stunning Isle of Wight is only a short ferry crossing away!
With only a small stretch of water between you and the island, the Isle of Wight offers a truly unique experience and can be reached in as little as 12 minutes!
More about Geography Galore – Southampton Docks and Solent...
Field Studies Council
Jess from the Field Studies Council talks to us about the latest exciting new changes and events taking place.continue reading...
Water Sports for experiential learning
Simon at Crosby Lakeside talks to us about using outdoor activities and watersports to help deliver experiential learning environments.continue reading...
Skills for Life
UKSA talk about their Skills for Life (S4L) framework measuring personal development whilst on a residential visit at UKSAcontinue reading...
Organic Farming and Healthy Eating at Bore Place
Bore Place in Kent use the national curriculum to teach school groups about organic farming, food chains and learning outside the classroom.continue reading...
Residential outdoor learning in Scotland
How a small family run company offering sailing lessons grew into one of Scotland's premier residential activity centrescontinue reading...