School Trips - Field Trips in the Swiss Alps
Les Elfes International
Since 1987 Les Elfes has worked with professionally trained and experienced staff to offer the very best activities to our students. Safety is of the utmost importance to us when planning our activities and we are continually working with highly-skilled staff, both inside the camp and outside, to truly make the most of our striking, mountainous surroundings without introducing unnecessary risk to our programs.
From the beginning of May until the end of October, Les Elfes offers 7 different field trips to its privately-owned campus in Crans-Montana and La Tzoumaz (Verbier-North). Our campuses are privately owned and have been designed for students only. Each Campus is run by a resort manager and an activity manager. Our instructors are professional guides, well trained and fully certified. We ensure a staff-student ratio of 1:7 and even higher during evening activities. Our portfolio ranges from our classical Les Elfes programs to languages, geography & geology, Swiss Wilderness trips, cultural excursions and Duke of Edinburgh expeditions. On top of this, we can specially design any kind of trip.
Why should you consider Les Elfes International for School Trips and Educational Visits?
Students will learn how to live together in a big group, possibly also with students from other schools, from other countries and from other cultures.
Team spirit within a group is increased by an “out of classroom experience”
Students will learn new exciting mountain and water sports during the field trips. The best time in life to learn them is when you are young! Students will rapidly familiarise themselves with the material (ropes, mountain bike etc) and gain balance.
A school trip is a unique experience that does not only allow children to improve their sports skills but also helps them to maximize both personal and group development and to enhance their self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
Students will gain important knowledge about mountain safety and mountain geography, for example experiencing quickly changing weather conditions, which are typical for high altitude environments. In addition, Les Elfes students will find out a lot about Swiss culture and local food.
All these components put together to make a school trip a very valuable educational experience for the students, for the teachers who see the students evolving all throughout the week and for the parents who will find their children in very good physical and mental condition after coming back from their ski trip with Les Elfes.
Les Elfes Highlights
- Highest safety and supervision standards
- Guide – student ratio for activities: 1:7
- Les Elfes has full control over all departments such as kitchen, drivers, animation, ski lessons, bed allotments, etc…
- The total staff-student ratio of 1:2 with all departments combined (resort manager, instructors, animation staff, drivers, kitchen staff)
- Fully qualified guides, trained by Les Elfes
- Unique philosophy: Our ski trips are well-balanced and ensure Security, Quality and Fun (SQF)
- 1 teacher free for 10 paying students. Discount for additional teachers
- Private chalets designed for kids and teens only.
- Bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Private altitude mountain restaurant for lunch breaks
- Pioneer in school trips since 1987
- 8 days full-board with 4 meals and drinks
- Transfer Geneva – resort – Geneva
- Pre-departure assistance and research on special interests, including advice on travel options and curricular priorities (language, art, geography, arts & crafts, design & technology)
- Cultural Excursions
- Multi activities programme (Rock-climbing, mountain bike, hiking, team sports, swimming, etc.)
- Use of all material and equipment provided by Les Elfes
- Evening activities (BBQ in the mountain, Disco, Team building games, etc.)
Which Curriculum Subjects do you cater for?
Les Elfes is glad to propose the Duke of Edinburgh expeditions. The bronze, silver and gold programs are on offer and lead by our certified team! Ask us for more information.
Les Elfes can include language lessons in the school's programs. Those languages, English, French, German and Mandarin are taught by the Verbier language school.
Located at the mountain at 1'500 m high, Les Elfes collaborate with a large number of professional guides trained to teach to students. In the Verbier area, 950 km of footpaths are waiting to take campers to the heart of nature. Each skill level is welcome to go hiking.
Campers will discover colorful and impressive landscapes, massive water dams, natural mountain lakes, wild forests, traditional villages and nature reserves. Exceptional view of the treasures of the Alps guaranteed! Maybe, campers will even get a glimpse at Swiss wildlife, such as the marmot or the chamois, an excellent climber in high altitude.
The main language spoken at the campus is English, this because English allows us to communicate with the 5000 students coming from more than 65 nationalities every year. Moreover, our programs are fully customizable, this means that schools can ask us to include language lessons in their programs.
What size groups do you cater for?
We usually accept a minimum number of 20 students per group
Is there first aid on site?
Yes, all of our staff need to pass the First Aid course before the start of each season.
Do you offer access for visitors with disabilities?
Do you cater for visitors with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
We guarantee 24/7 supervision and in-house nurse.
Need more inspiration?
We work with all the top School Travel Tour Operators, offering a huge range of inspirational trips, tours and expeditions, whether you are looking for a short hop over the channel to France, or a multi-week trek on the other side of the globe. Below are a few suggestions similar to Les Elfes International , or head to our tailor-made trip form and let us know how we can help you!