School Trips - Battlefields – Belgium & the Somme
Founded in 1986, IBT has evolved into one of the UK’s leading tour operators with an extensive European educational programme. We offer a specialist tailor made tour service where we plan every detail of your educational experience with you so that you can be guaranteed to receive the tour that meets your own specific needs and requirements. Superior service at sensible prices with excellence delivered!
Why should you consider IBT Travel for School Trips and Educational Visits?
Experience the living conditions in the trenches and the destructive power, waste and futility of war by touring the battlefields of the Ypres Salient and the Somme. Experience the events of the
1916 Battle of the Somme by following the Circuit of Remembrance, attend the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate, explore the interactive In Flanders Fields Museum in Ypres and visit the British Dugout Experience and German trench system at the Passchendaele Museum.
Your students may explore many other places of interest in order to discover more about this devastating conflict.
• Depart for morning ferry from Dover to Calais
• Arrive in Ypres and check into Peace Village Hostel
• Evening meal followed by March of the Phoenix Rememberance Walk
• Entry to Passchendaele Memorial Museum and Gardens then visit Talbot House The Working Mans Club
• Afternoon at Hill 60 The Caterpillar, visit the Chocolate Shop in Ypres then In Flanders Field Museum including Temporary Exhibition
• Evening meal followed by Last Post Ceremony at Menin Gate
• Visit to Langemark the German Cemetery then visit Entry Point East Crater Wood
• Afternoon at Hooge Crater Trenches & Museum and Bayernwald Trenches
• Evening at Ice Mountain then return to hostel for evening meal
• Check out and visit Tyne Cot Cemetery & Memorial
• Travel to Calais for return short sea crossing
• Return to school in evening
What size groups do you cater for?
Minimum of 40 paying passengers + 5 staff free
Is there first aid on site?
Do you offer access for visitors with disabilities?
Do you cater for visitors with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
4 days, 3 nights INCLUSIVE educational tour for only £324pp!
*Fully customised tour itineraries available.
Need more inspiration?
We work with all the top School Travel Tour Operators, offering a huge range of inspirational trips, tours and expeditions, whether you are looking for a short hop over the channel to France, or a multi-week trek on the other side of the globe. Here are a few suggestions, or head to our tailor-made trip form and let us know how we can help you!