In this world-class gallery and museum, pupils can immerse themselves in contemporary and historic works of art, natural history, military history, geology and archaeology. Alongside outstanding works of art, objects on display include dinosaur footprints, historic military uniforms and a 2.5 metre Sturgeon.
The gallery runs a lively programme of activities and workshops for schools in the centre of historic Worcester, linked to the collections and temporary exhibitions.
Our museum offers competitive prices for school trips when compared to similar museum and heritage sites in the area. Teachers are also invited to a free pre-visit to the site before a booking and a discussion with our learning team to ensure we meet your learning objectives.
From initial enquiry, right through to the day of the visit, our experienced museum learning team will work with and support you to ensure that you and your group enjoy a trip that is curriculum-focussed, fun and memorable.
Our team prides itself on ensuring our sessions are adapted to needs of all learners, so do please enquire about how our sessions could be tailored to suit your group. Teachers are also welcome to our sites to do a complimentary visit prior to any school booking.
You can visit the gallery as part of a self-directed group or you can book a workshop session with a member of our Gallery Education team. If you are visiting as a self-directed group we recommend that you make a preliminary planning visit to the gallery, as our exhibitions change regularly and you may want to make sure that the displays are appropriate for your visit. We can devise sessions to meet your needs and respond to current teaching programmes.
• Dig it up! (Early Years, KS1)
• Dig for history and go with the flow (KS2)
Natural History and Art:
• Munching Caterpillars and Beautiful Butterflies (Early Years, KS1)
• Fun Fossils and Rocking Rocks! (Early Years, KS1, KS2)
• Woodland Magic (Early Years, KS1)
• Nature's Treasure Trove (Early Years, KS1)
• Picture Portraits (KS1)
• Fighting Armour and Paper Dragons ( Early Years, KS 1)
• Toys of the Past (Early Years, KS1)
• The Gloving Industry (KS1, KS2)
• The Tools of the Trade – Gloves, Porcelain and Cloth (KS2)
• Worcestershire at War: 'Remembrance' (KS1)
• WW1: For King and Country! (KS1)
• Worcestershire at War: Morton's Militia! (KS2)
• Worcestershire at War: War time Worcester! (KS2)
We cater for a class of c.30 children per day, but larger groups can visit by arrangement.
The groups will work in the Activity Space. Tables and chairs will be provided.
We have a first-aider on site.
The museum and education facilities are fully accessible.
Teachers interested in this Museums Worcestershire trip also viewed the learning experiences below.
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Feel free to use our tailor-made trip form and we can help you find the perfect experience for your class!