Brilliant Liverpool Tours School Trips
We are a tour guiding company, run by Blue Badge Tourist Guides, with 20 years experience of teaching, managing heritage attractions and transport.
On our days out, schools will enjoy a fully guided tour around the historic and pedestrianised Waterfront, docks and World Heritage Site, bringing art, history, social history and geography to life, including the famous Mersey Ferry.
The tours combine with questioning (Q&A), discussions and other activities as well as visits to free museums such as the Maritime Museum, International Slavery Museum, Museum of Liverpool, and The Walker Art Gallery. Walks can also include trips on the open top bus and up the tallest building in Liverpool the Radio City Viewing Tower – 138 metres high to view the city, cathedrals, coastline and North Wales
Why are Brilliant Liverpool Tours great for School Trips and Educational Visits?
• We pride ourselves on reducing the carbon footprint of a school trip by getting pupils to walk around the city, whilst getting exercise and enjoying the experience of the waterfront.
• With so much to see in the city and on the waterfront, we can move large groups of school children safely, and make sure that drop off’s, pick ups, lunch times all run as planned to make best use of the time
• Many of our guides are qualified teachers and combine a tour with Q & A and activities to demonstrate the subjects, from Key Stage 2-5 AS & A2, and undergraduate studies.
* We can offer fully inclusive coach hire, meals and attractions tickets
• Any educational subject can be covered, with a relevant city connection, as there are so many free museums, heritage and public buildings, as well as local experts in the Liverpool City Region.
• We have foreign language guides in German, French, Spanish, Mandarin
What activities are available during group visits?
Enrichment & Cross-curriculum
Economic & Urban Development & Regeneration
Business Studies & Economics
Sports & Sports Studies/Activities
Design and Technology
Hair, Beauty & Fashion
Film & Media Studies
Low Carbon Tours
What size groups do you cater for?
We can manage up to 5 classes in full or half day sessions, repeating morning or afternoon sessions and rotating the attractions, joining up for a ferry trip or open top bus tour.
Do you offer on-site classroom facilities?
We can hire as well as use many free public spaces within the tour.
Is there first aid on site?
Many of our guides are First Aider Trained
Do you offer access for visitors with disabilities?
The majority of attractions have disabled and accessible facilities.
Do you cater for visitors with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
We can organise special walks and visits for schools and pupils with special educational needs.
All tours are bespoke
Our staff are DBS Checked
We have risk assessments for tours
We carry £5,000,000 Public Liability
Many of our guides have teaching backgrounds
Need more inspiration?
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Here are a few similar suggestions, or head to our tailor-made trip form and let us know how we can help you!