In 2020, lots of plans suddenly had to change when national and local lockdown restrictions forced the postponement or cancellation of school trips due to Coronavirus. This resulted in a financial impact as deposits were lost and insurance claims were made to recover losses.
We know that many schools will be concerned that this may happen again potentially without the protection of insurance as Covid-19 is no longer an unpredictable event.
With this in mind we have updated our terms and conditions to strictly limit a school's financial losses in the event that cancellation becomes necessary due to government restrictions. The exact amount of exposure will depend on the make-up of services that you choose and the proximity of the planned visit at the point of cancellation, but we are committed to limiting this as much as we possibly can. In many cases we would hope to be able to simply reschedule the date.
WELCOME TO EDUCATION DESTINATION - The Island Classroom
We are an Isle of Wight based company, specialising in providing BESPOKE, school trips to our beautiful island that are different to anything else available. We can provide a FULL DOOR-TO-DOOR SERVICE, taking care of all your ACCOMMODATION requirements, TRANSPORT and venue TICKETS or simply support you in making your own arrangements. We support the visits by giving you your own account manager to guide you through the whole process and ensure your residential is as much fun for the children (and teachers) as possible.
Why use us?
• We offer 100% BESPOKE trips tailored to your needs and budget.
• Booking through Education Destination usually COSTS NO MORE than if you book direct.
• We receive favourable discounts from our partners that we can pass on to you.
• We offer FREE RISK ASSESSMENTS by an independent 3rd party company, saving you time.
• We take away the need for pre-trip visits, saving time and money.
• We can offer discounted rates should you still desire a pre-trip visit.
• We supply detailed day-by-day guides and parent presentations.
• A dedicated account manager to guide you through the process from enquiry to arrival.
• We are on hand 24/7 for support should you need ANYTHING on your visit.
• Over 700 educational resources are available FREE of charge.
We work closely with specially selected partners for transport, accommodation, island-wide activities and tourist venues to bring you a truly unique experience whilst you're here.
At Education Destination we believe that the Isle of Wight offers a truly unique residential experience for schools all over the world.
We work with schools from as far afield as Qatar in organising bespoke trips to this beautiful island.
From the initial idea of a residential trip to the Island to your arrival and departure, we are on hand to take the work and stress out of the planning, as we'll do it all for you.
A beautiful island on the south coast of England which enjoys a warmer than average UK climate, the Isle of Wight is a unique location. Surrounded by beautiful, award winning beaches, the island offers a wide ranging mixture of accommodation choices and activities and attractions. The Isle of Wight is one of the most loved tourist locations in the UK. Come and visit to find out why and introduce the island to a whole new generation!
• Watersports (including surfing, splash sessions, kayaking, coasteering and many more)
• Blackgang Chine (The UK's 1st amusement park)
• Alum Bay coloured sand
• Osborne House (Queen Victoria's palatial holiday home)
• The world famous Needles landmark
• Go-karting (An all-weather, outdoor, 520 metre long floodlit track)
• Breathtaking scenery and views across the whole island
• One of Europe's premier locations for dinosaur fossils
• One of the UK's best climates including the island's very own microclimate
We have a wide reaching network of accommodation partners across the Island so we can cater for ANY group size.
Many of our accommodation and attraction partners offer facilities for schools to use as classrooms on-site. Please enquire for more information.
SEND / Additional Support Needs Education Destination is committed to helping teachers and SENCOs provide inclusive trips for groups containing students with special requirements. We work closely with all of our partners and venues to understand their provisions and limitations for visitors with additional needs All our partner venues are required to provide sample Risk Assessments and all are encouraged to publish or develop comprehensive Access Statements Whatever your particular needs, Education Destination can advise on venues and activities to suit your students. Ways We Can Help We can vary activities (physical and academic) to suit With sufficient notice we can adapt teaching resources and activities or develop specific learning programmes Many of our resources are already differentiated by design, and supplied for various key stages which gives you a lot of inherent flexibility for mixed ability groups We can liaise with your SENCO and all our partners to ensure we understand and are fully prepared for your additional needs students We will work with your chosen venues to adapt service provision as required We can provide chaperones to boost supervision ratios and help deal with challenging behaviours We can arrange specialist transport, facilities and accommodation if needed We will be honest with you about problems we know you will encounter
Teachers interested in this Education Destination trip also viewed the learning experiences below.
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Feel free to use our tailor-made trip form and we can help you find the perfect experience for your class!