The key steps Kingswood are taking to ensure everybody visits us safely are;
- Respecting existing group bubbles
- All team members are tested for covid twice weekly
- Ensuring social distancing is adhered to, with reminders throughout our centres
- Deep cleaning cycles and sanitiser stations. All equipment will be regularly sanitised according to the government’s regulations
- PPE will be worn by our team when carrying out safety checks. We will always respect your wishes if you would like to wear your own face covering
Grosvenor Hall in Ashford is a complete indoor and outdoor education centre with some of the best activity facilities in Europe, just an hour outside of London. This impressive 50 acre site has an extensive ropes park, indoor swimming pool and 25,000 square ft sports hall perfect for PE trips and sports tours.
Set in the grounds of a former manor house, this centre boasts an extensive ropes park with a multitude of apparatus including a triple zipwire, 3G swing, double fan descender and the amazing Skyclimb ropes course and versatile indoor spaces to tailor to your needs. Plus a brand new watersports lake.
Grosvenor Hall offers a range of personal development/ citizenship programmes to help students grow individually and as a team and the purpose built Bushcraft zone is great for learning new skills.
Every Kingswood centre offers a range of residential programmes and day trips. Your programme will be tailored to suit your needs; begin by choosing a programme such as Transition and Team Building or Wild Adventurer, which will act as a theme for your visit, then choose your desired learning outcomes and activity categories and Kingswood will design a programme for you.
Kingswood is one of the leading providers of the residential phase of the NCS (National Citizen Service) Programme, welcoming around 15,000 young people every year to complete the residential element of the programme. The NCS programme helps 15-17 year olds build skills for work and life through a series of exhilarating challenges.
Over 40 activities including:
Skyclimb ropes course
Leap of faith
Kingswood cater for small, medium and large groups and even offer full site hire. There is no minimum group size. Groups can stay in 2-8 bed dorms with accessible accommodation available or Adventure Lodges sleeping 11-19.
Classrooms and computer labs available
All Kingswood staff go through health and safety training and there are first aiders on site at all times.
Kingswood endeavour to make centres accessible to as many young people as possible. Experience has taught us that the best way to understand the extent, and limitations, of the provision centres offer, is for party leaders to visit the centre itself and discuss the requirements with the management team on site.
Kingswood’s provisions for young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities including learning difficulties, hearing, visual or mobility impairment and behavioural issues can be found on the SEND page of their website along with risk assessments for SEND. However, Kingswood encourage party leaders to contact the management team to arrange SEND provisions.
- Programme tailored to suit your learning outcomes
- Online programme builder tool to help you plan a custom visit
- Free ‘Making the most of your residential’ guide
- Online trip planner to easily manage bookings
- First aiders and NSPCC trained Child Safety Officer on site