The key steps Kingswood are taking to ensure everybody visits us safely are;
- Respecting existing group bubbles
- All team members are tested for covid twice weekly
- Ensuring social distancing is adhered to, with reminders throughout our centres
- Deep cleaning cycles and sanitiser stations. All equipment will be regularly sanitised according to the government’s regulations
- PPE will be worn by our team when carrying out safety checks. We will always respect your wishes if you would like to wear your own face covering
Every Kingswood centre offers a range of residential programmes and day trips. Your programme will be tailored to suit your needs; begin by choosing a programme such as Transition and Team Building or Wild Adventurer, which will act as a theme for your visit, then choose your desired learning outcomes and activity categories and Kingswood will design a programme for you.
Kingswood is one of the leading providers of the residential phase of the NCS (National Citizen Service) Programme, welcoming around 15,000 young people every year to complete the residential element of the programme. The NCS programme helps 15-17 year olds build skills for work and life through a series of exhilarating challenges.
The new school year has started and so have residentials! To celebrate we are launching our best ever back to school offer by giving every school the chance to come to Kingswood for free! 1 in every 25 bookings is free!
When you enquire by the 31st October and quote ‘FREEADVENTURE’ your school trip will be entered into a prize draw to enjoy your residential for FREE! We are so excited to present this never before seen offer at Kingswood and cannot wait to welcome your school group to our adventure centres in 2021/2022.
Terms and conditions: All bookings are subject to availability. Valid for new bookings made between 15 August and 31 October only and ‘FREEADVENTURE’ must be quoted on enquiry/booking. One entry per school. Winners will be contacted by email by 30th November 2021. Prices do not include VAT. Not available at Le Chateau de Chanteriene.
Over 40 activities including:
Kingswood cater for small, medium and large groups and even offer full site hire. There is no minimum group size. Groups can stay in 4-16 bed dorms with accessible accommodation available or Adventure Lodges sleeping 11-19.
Classrooms and computer labs available
All Kingswood staff go through health and safety training and there are first aiders on site at all times.
Kingswood endeavour to make centres accessible to as many young people as possible. Experience has taught us that the best way to understand the extent, and limitations, of the provision centres offer, is for party leaders to visit the centre itself and discuss the requirements with the management team on site.
Kingswood’s provisions for young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities including learning difficulties, hearing, visual or mobility impairment and behavioural issues can be found on the SEND page of their website along with risk assessments for SEND. However, Kingswood encourage party leaders to contact the management team to arrange SEND provisions.
- Programme tailored to suit your learning outcomes
- First aiders and NSPCC trained Child Safety Officer on site
- Our pre and post-visit toolkit will help you link your trip to tangible learning outcomes
- We’ve taken care of a lot of the paperwork already
- Our experience experts will support you from start to finish
- Programmes link to the curriculum from character education to revision and Environmental Field Studies
- Launch trips with a whole host of digital resources
- Save on places with one free party leader place for every ten young people
- Risk assessments and safeguarding materials are easily accessible
- Meet centre teams ahead of your trip and get to know your chosen centre
A breath-taking adventure park nestled in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in North Wales. With an on-site watersports lake, and woodland adventure activities Colomendy is the perfect environment for young people to explore the great outdoors.
Set within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a Site of Special Scientific Interest in beautiful woodland with views of Moel Famau. Just off the A55, only an hour away from Liverpool.
Colomendy is a 130 acre site, packed full of adventure activities which are integrated into the stunning woodland, including a high ropes course woven amongst the trees, and an exceptionally realistic caving system built into a natural rock seam. There are plenty of opportunities to venture off-centre to Loggerheads Country Park which is just opposite.
Colomendy is ideally suited to older primary and secondary students and offers a range of personal development/ citizenship programmes to help students grow individually and as a team. It's idyllic setting makes this centre ideal for Geography and Bushcraft programmes which can be tailored to your curriculum.
Teachers interested in this Kingswood trip also viewed the learning experiences below.
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Feel free to use our tailor-made trip form and we can help you find the perfect experience for your class!