Prior to the COVID pandemic, our workshops were already naturally socially distanced. This was mostly due to the sport of freestyle football being a generally individualist sport. However, with the health of the children we teach being of the upmost importance, we have gone too extra lengths to ensure social distancing & proper hygiene at all times. To help paint a picture of how we are COVID 19 safe, let us explain how a typical 30 minute workshop is carried out at a school.
Typical structure and layout of Freestyle Football Workshops:
- Each child comes into the hall, collects their football and finds their
own individual spot (at least 2m distance from anyone).
- They stay in this spot for the entirety of the workshop.
- The freestyler starts the workshop with a brief chat about their career
and what they’ve achieved and then performs a 5 minute freestyle
routine at the front of the hall.
- The freestyler then proceeds to teach the first freestyle trick.
- The children then spends 2-3 minutes attempting the trick in their
- A child is then selected to demonstrate the trick in front of the class
in their spot.
- This is repeated for anywhere between 5 - 10 tricks.
- The workshop finishes with a Q&A with the freestyler.
- The children then finish the workshop by leaving their football in their
spot and leave the hall.
We are the UK's only school workshop company that specifically offers Freestyle Football Workshops to schools.
Freestyle Football has quite simply exploded in popularity over the past few years and there is now a huge demand amongst young people to not only experience Freestyle Football in person but to learn the fundamentals of this exciting new sport.
We set up Freestyle Football Workshops in 2017 with the sole objective to absolutely amaze young people with the eye-catching skills which freestylers showcase whilst also encouraging them to live active lives and to get active!
We offer both half-day and full-day Freestyle Football Workshops as well as Assembly Freestyle performances and inspirational talks.
The workshops are taught by Professional Football Freestyler - Jamie Knight. Jamie is currently ranked 10th in the world for Football Freestyle and has performed in over 20 different countries for some of the worlds most prominent brands. Jamie has performed at events such as on the pitch at the 2017 UEFA Champions League Final in front of 80,000 people and has worked with countless Premiership Footballers. Jamie uses his experiences as a professional football freestyler as a source of motivation to young people to get active and to follow their dreams!
- Freestyle Football is incredibly visually impressive and is sure to leave your pupils amazed!
- We are the only workshop company in the UK that specifically offers Freestyle Football Workshops - a truly unique service.
- There are many physical health benefits practising Freestyle Football can give to your pupils including : increased body awareness, enhanced co-ordination & rhythm and also improved agility & balance.
- Practising Freestyle Football quite simply helps improve your mental health - a topic of great importance for schools nowadays. Our workshops will help increase the self-confidence of your pupils, allow them to build stronger peer relationships, enhance their concentration and teach them new ways of co-operating with each other.
- Freestyle Football enhances your creativity and will allow your pupils’ imagination to flourish. Our workshops will help teach your pupils to understand the importance of consistency and being persistent - Freestyle Football helps develop a drive to achieve personal goals and makes you adopt a practice makes perfect attitude which your pupils can take with them into other areas of their life.
Half-day Freestyle Football Workshops
Full-day Freestyle Football Workshops
Assembly Demonstrations, Presentations & Inspirational Talks
Anywhere from 5 - 35 pupils.
"Fantastic day for all of the children, every child was engaged and were in awe of Jamie and wanted to copy him and learn from him. It was such a super day that we are getting Jamie in again to work with some more children soon! It was a brilliant day had by all (teachers and children), the children have already told me that they were practising the skills at home last night that they learnt yesterday. I would definitely recommend this workshop to everyone!"
Amy Campbell Brandlehow Primary School
"Jamie was fantastic with the children and engaged them all in some great activities. The children loved learning new skills and are still practicing them in the playground. It was lovely to see children of all sporting abilities having a go at something new."
Maxine Clarke Brentside Academy Primary School
Teachers interested in this Freestyle Football Workshops workshop also viewed the learning experiences below.
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Feel free to use our tailor-made trip form and we can help you find the perfect experience for your class!