A-life is a leading provider of Health & Wellbeing Workshops, delivered at your school during the school day. We offer a number of workshops including Healthy Workshops, Fun Fitness, Alcohol & Drug Awareness, Staff PE Training and Parent Sessions.
Session length: 30 minutes (KS1) 45 minutes (KS2)
No. of pupils per session: up to 60
Age suitability: Nursery-Year 6
Description: Our Fitness Sessions are designed to give all pupils a full body workout at the same time as reinforcing the key messages of keeping healthy. We provide a fun-packed, non-stop, fast-paced, sweat inducing session that motivates pupils to understand that keeping active is a vital part of staying healthy. Our aim is to encourage children to choose active lifestyles and to help them realise that being active and choosing to participate in exercise can be a lot of fun.
EYFS-KS1: Children are taken through a fun, well-paced 30 minutes of active play jungle trails, Olympic activities and short games, combining fitness with numeracy and healthy living facts in a very active and thoroughly enjoyable session.
KS2: A 45 minute circuit fitness session using a mixture of specialist equipment to challenge children’s strength, jumping, balance, fitness, flexibility and coordination in a fun but controlled environment. Exposes them to new forms of exercise with circuits including: boxing, trampolining, push-up hockey, the balance challenge, the gym zone and more.
(For details on our other sessions, please contact us or search for separate listings.)
Why are A Life a great choice for bringing fun workshops into your school?
• Our fitness sessions are all-inclusive, super-fun as well as a great workout!
• We are an experienced provider with over 12 years’ experience, having taught well over 500,000 children in more than 750 schools with outstanding feedback and a 5 star rating almost every time
• We visit your school, so no additional transport costs or off-site disruptions for you (children stay in their usual lessons until their workshop time)
• You can mix and match from our workshops to create a unique programme that suits your school’s needs
What activities are available during group visits?
Here is a brief overview of our other sessions, for more details please contact us or search for separate listings:
• Healthy Workshop – a 1 hour hands-on session for up to 60 pupils (Nur-Yr 6) that engages and motivates children as they gain new learning and embed existing knowledge on the topic of the human body and keeping healthy. Topics include: healthy eating, getting active, hygiene, sleep, teeth, smoking, alcohol & drugs and lots more.
• Alcohol & Drug Awareness Workshop – our experienced coaches, with hands-on activities and anecdotal stories, will provide a comfortable and relaxed space in which to explore the issues surrounding drugs and alcohol, as well as the associated issues of peer pressure and knowing how to make informed, sensible decisions. (Yr 5-8 only)
• Staff Training – these sessions are packed full of games and ideas for teachers. From basic warm up ideas to team games, to skills sessions, our A-life team will provide plenty of activities and ideas to inspire and equip staff as they go back to their classrooms and deliver PE.
• Parent Sessions – these sessions are very flexible – they can be based on the Healthy Workshop or Fun Fitness and can be adults-only or have children join their parents to learn / get active as a family.
What size groups do you cater for?
Fitness Sessions – up to 60 pupils per session
Do you offer on-site classroom facilities?
We visit your school and will set up our fitness sessions in your school hall. All we require from you is a few mats and a bench and we will bring the rest!
Is there first aid on site?
N/a – we visit your school.
Do you offer access for visitors with disabilities?
N/a – we visit your school.
Do you cater for visitors with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
We have intentionally designed our sessions to be hands-on and practical, to engage all children in the group no matter what their age, ability or language. We regularly visit SEN schools and are experienced in delivering sessions for pupils with even the most severe disabilities.
"Excellent organisation and resources with appropriately age specific workshop and circuits which were fun, exciting and worthwhile. The coach was an inspiration, he was enthusiastic, knowledgeable and fun. The whole day was energetic, athletic, challenging and epic. The best person who has ever delivered sports session at STM. 5*."
St Thomas More Primary School, Herts
Haringey Council Grant
Current School Trip Offer
A-life has a limited number of part-funded places available for schools in Haringey, London.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 01183 343 590.
|Free Places for Teachers|
|Bursaries or Funded Places Available|
Need more inspiration?
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Here are a few similar suggestions, or head to our tailor-made trip form and let us know how we can help you!