Woodland Ways Bushcraft - Oxfordshire School Trips
Our fully catered residential trips offer students the chance to see the landscape through the eyes of our ancestors and immerse themselves in the natural world. Access a more complete understanding of the skills, knowledge and natural resources required to survive and thrive in wild places.
As industry leading experts in wilderness bushcraft and survival training, our instructors will engage young minds with a range of interactive experiences and provide a gateway into a fascinating subject that is becoming increasingly relevant in our modern lives.
Happy to be led by your specific requirements, we’ll ensure your students have a tailored and truly memorable learning experience.
Why are Woodland Ways great for School Trips and Educational Visits?
Fire, food, shelter and water would have been at the forefront of our ancestor’s minds when living in the wilderness. Do your students have the knowledge and skills required to to make it through a night in the woods?
Bushcraft encompasses an endless range of topics and with each discipline there is vast scope for study. Fully linked to the modern curriculum, all our activities encourage team working, creative thinking, self-management and reflective learning.
What activities are available during group visits?
- Fire: preparation, lighting, management and maintenance.
- Water: sourcing, collection, purification.
- Shelter: Requirements, positioning, construction, materials.
- Food: edible wild plants, game preparation.
- Primitive Hunting Techniques.
- Campfire Cooking.
- Navigation: map & compass (to National Navigation Award Scheme – Silver Award level), GPS, natural navigation.
- Tree Identification and Uses.
- Tracking and Nature Awareness.
- Woodland Management: conservation, coppicing.
- Crafts & Skills including: Basketry,Cordage,Carving & Green woodworking, Hide and Leather Work and Flint Knapping.
What size groups do you cater for?
We can cater for groups up to 150 so please contact us with your exact requirements.
Is there first aid on site?
Yes all our instructors are fully First Aid trained and undergo regular scenario based refresher sessions.
|Institute of Outdoor Learning|
Need more inspiration?
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Here are a few similar suggestions, or head to our tailor-made trip form and let us know how we can help you!