The key steps Kingswood are taking to ensure everybody visits us safely are;
- Respecting existing group bubbles
- All team members are tested for covid twice weekly
- Ensuring social distancing is adhered to, with reminders throughout our centres
- Deep cleaning cycles and sanitiser stations. All equipment will be regularly sanitised according to the government’s regulations
- PPE will be worn by our team when carrying out safety checks. We will always respect your wishes if you would like to wear your own face covering
With over 35 years’ experience, we are experts in out of the classroom learning.
Whether you would like to create your own activity program, or let the experts do it for you, both Adventure and Adventure Plus are designed to ensure that you achieve your desired learning outcomes, whilst offering each child an opportunity to increase their resilience, grow their confidence and develop their character.
Our most versatile program, Adventure is the perfect choice if you are looking for a diverse and pre-built activity program that covers all aspects of the curriculum. Our Adventure activity program features a mix of daily activities, evening educational entertainment and dedicated time with the Course Director for each child to engage in all aspects of the curriculum and reflect on their learning.
Alternatively, Adventure Plus allows you to tailor-make your own activity program to achieve your specific learning outcomes. So, if you would like to create your own program of activities, then our Adventure Plus program is the one for you. Simply let us know your desired outcome and we will work with you to create the perfect activity program for your needs.
We work hard to provide quality education courses with affordable options. We offer a selection of trip durations, available all year round.
The new school year has started and so have residentials! To celebrate we are launching our best ever back to school offer by giving every school the chance to come to Kingswood for free! 1 in every 25 bookings is free!
When you enquire by the 31st October and quote ‘FREEADVENTURE’ your school trip will be entered into a prize draw to enjoy your residential for FREE! We are so excited to present this never before seen offer at Kingswood and cannot wait to welcome your school group to our adventure centres in 2021/2022.
Terms and conditions: All bookings are subject to availability. Valid for new bookings made between 15 August and 31 October only and ‘FREEADVENTURE’ must be quoted on enquiry/booking. One entry per school. Winners will be contacted by email by 30th November 2021. Prices do not include VAT. Not available at Le Chateau de Chanteriene.
Any group size can be catered for. There is no minimum group size and providing there is availability, the maximum is the full centre capacity, splitting into smaller groups for activities.
All Kingswood staff go through health and safety training and there are first aiders on site at all times.
We endeavour to make our centres accessible to as many young people as possible. Experience has taught us that the best way to understand the extent, and limitations, of the provision our centres offer, is for party leaders to visit the centre itself and discuss the requirements with the management team on site. We encourage all those who wish to bring a guest with special needs to arrange a free visit to their chosen centre as early as possible in the planning process.
Kingswood’s provisions for young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities including learning difficulties, hearing, visual or mobility impairment and behavioural issues can be found on the SEND page of their website along with risk assessments for SEND. However, Kingswood encourage party leaders to contact the management team to arrange SEND provisions.
- First aiders and NSPCC trained Child Safety Officer on site
- Institute for Outdoor Learning
- AALA Watersports Licence
- Founder member of BAPA
- Adventuremark badge
- Specialist environmental field studies teaching
- Our pre and post-visit toolkit will help you link your trip to tangible learning outcomes
- We’ve taken care of a lot of the paperwork already
- Our experience experts will support you from start to finish
- Programmes link to the curriculum from character education to revision and Environmental Field Studies
- Launch trips with a whole host of digital resources
- Save on places with one free party leader place for every ten young people
- Risk assessments and safeguarding materials are easily accessible
- Meet centre teams ahead of your trip and get to know your chosen centre
A Kingswood trip offers a sense of adventure and a taste of independence; benefits which last way beyond a child’s return to the classroom. Our brilliant experiences for young people help them shake off the stresses of the past year and make memories which will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
Kingswood has offered life-changing adventures to young people for more than 35 years; our award-winning, confidence-boosting programmes take place at our 10 Inspiring Learning adventure centres across the UK or our Chateau in France. Whether it’s a day visit for younger children or a residential trip, our amazing team supports every child to reach their full potential in a safe and fun environment.
Teachers interested in this Kingswood trip also viewed the learning experiences below.
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Feel free to use our tailor-made trip form and we can help you find the perfect experience for your class!