We think drama is a fantastic way to learn about history as it allows the children to empathise with ancient civilisations through acting out the daily lives of the people of the past.
Our workshops give your children a chance to work creatively through engaging drama games and activities, which bring the ancient period to life.
This immersive way of working helps the session to be completely engaging and live long in the memory of the children.
Altru Drama Days always create a real buzz in school as everyone is learning and having fun!
During an Indus Valley Drama Day children will learn about:
- The position of the Indus civilisation within the timeline of world history
- The geographical importance of the Indus Valley, and how this helped and hindered daily life at the time
- The jobs and daily lives of Indus people
- Their houses and how they were constructed, including important inventions such as flushing toilets and drainage systems
- The differences between the lives of the rich and poor people of the time
- The lives of children including the toys and games they played
- The significance of animals being kept as pets
- The end of the civilisation and the mysterious collapse of Indus cities
We use a wide range of drama techniques to engage all children in the topic and ensure our sessions are completely inclusive so that all children can learn, develop and grow.
Both types of drama day can be used at any stage of the curriculum delivery; early in the term for a wow starter, in the middle of a topic to bring it to life and embed learning or at the end of the topic for that ultimate sticky knowledge boost.
Our workshops help children make memories and retain the information for years to come!
All workshops are designed and delivered in a completely inclusive way so that all children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities can access our work.
Altru Drama is a creative education company, established in 2005. We use drama as a tool to increase topic understanding, build confidence, explore issues and develop personal and social skills.
We aim to inspire, create and educate - working with and for young people to help them learn, develop and grow. And we absolutely love what we do!
Our aim is to make the curriculum fun, engaging and exciting for children - and to develop a love of learning through creative play.
Our history topics help children step into the period of history, playing the characters, living their lives and developing their understanding through practical and immersive activities.
Our history workshops are available in two formats: Learn and Present Days and Explore Days.
A Learn and Present Day gives a single class the opportunity to create an information lead performance all about their topic in just one day!! (Please take a look at our short Learn and Present video which demonstrates this process)
An Explore Day gives up to 4 classes the chance to participate in an exciting, action-packed drama workshop full of creativity, fun and topic facts!