Ski School Trip in the Swiss Alps
School Trips @ Les Elfes International
Since 1987 Les Elfes has worked with professionally trained and experienced staff to offer the very best activities to our students. Safety is of the utmost importance to us when planning our activities and we are continually working with highly-skilled staff, both inside the camp and outside, to truly make the most of our striking, mountainous surroundings without introducing unnecessary risk to our programs.
From the beginning of December until the end of April, we organize ski trips to our prestigious Swiss resorts in Verbier, La Tzoumaz and Crans-Montana.
Our three campuses are privately owned and have been designed for students only. Each Campus is run by a resort manager and an activity manager. Our ski and snowboard guides are well trained and fully certified from the Swiss Ski School. We ensure a staff-student ratio of 1:7 on the slopes and even higher during evening activities.
After skiing, Les Elfes monitors organize different après-ski and evening activities. Students will also have the chance to go on an excursion to see some of the Swiss major attractions. All ski trips are fully supervised and guided with professional staff and instructors from the moment the school arrives at the airport of destination.
Why book Les Elfes International for School Trips and Educational Visits?
Students will learn how to live together in a big group, possibly also with students from other schools, from other countries and from other cultures.
Team spirit within a group is increased by an “out of classroom experience”
Students will learn a new exciting sport. The best time in life to start skiing or snowboarding is when you are young! Students will rapidly familiarise themselves with the material (ski, boots, binding and poles) and gain balance and timing enabling them to make proper turns through well prepared snow slopes. They will keep these skills for the rest of their lives.
A ski trip is a unique experience that does not only allow children to improve their ski/snowboard skills but also helps them to maximize both personal and group development and to enhance their self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
Students will gain important knowledge about mountain safety and mountain geography, for example experiencing quickly changing weather conditions, which are typical for high altitude environments. In addition, Les Elfes students will find out a lot about Swiss culture and local food.
All these components put together to make a school trip a very valuable educational experience for the students, for the teachers who see the students evolving all throughout the week and for the parents who will find their children in very good physical and mental condition after coming back from their ski trip with Les Elfes.
Les Elfes Highlights
- Highest safety and supervision standards
- Guide – student ratio for skiing/snowboarding: 1:7
- Les Elfes has full control over all departments such as kitchen, drivers, animation, ski lessons, bed allotments, etc…
- The total staff-student ratio of 1:2 with all departments combined (resort manager, instructors, animation staff, drivers, kitchen staff)
- Fully supervised après-ski and evening activities. Less work for teachers
- Fully qualified guides, trained by Les Elfes
- Unique philosophy: Our ski trips are well-balanced and ensure Security, Quality and Fun (SQF)
- 1 teacher free for 10 paying students. Discount for additional teachers
- World-class Swiss ski resorts of international renown in Verbier, La Tzoumaz and Crans-Montana
- Private chalets designed for kids and teens only.
- Bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Private altitude mountain restaurant for lunch breaks
- All ski equipment owned and renewed by Les Elfes. Less stress through on-site ski rental on arrival day
- All levels of skiing/snowboarding taught in different groups
- Pioneer in school trips since 1987
- 8 days full-board with 4 meals and drinks
- Transfer Geneva – resort – Geneva
- Pre-departure assistance and research on special interests, including advice on travel options and curricular priorities (language, art, geography, arts & crafts, design & technology)
- Cultural Excursions
- Evening activities included in the package (BBQ in the mountain, Disco, Team building games, etc.)
What activities are available during group visits?
Ski, Snowboard, Rope courses, Climbing, Mountain biking, Ball Sports, Hiking, Sports on Ice, Water Sports, Social Activities, Languages, Excursions, Geography & Geology
What size groups do you cater for?
We usually accept a minimum number of 20 students per group
Do you offer on-site classroom facilities?
Library, games hall, cinema, music room.
Is there first aid on site?
Yes, all of our staff need to pass the First Aid course before the start of each season.
Do you offer access for visitors with disabilities?
Do you cater for visitors with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
We guarantee 24/7 supervision and in-house nurse.
Need more inspiration?
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Below are a few similar suggestions to Les Elfes International , or head to our tailor-made trip form and let us know how we can help you!