"If you can survive and thrive in the wild, then you can learn to do so in your school , home and personal life too!" We use nature to inspire learning in the most powerful of ways, in and out of the classroom.
Students can come for a day or a week. We deliver exciting activities that fit directly into the curriculum to really bring classroom subject matter alive, and we can customise your camp just how you like it.
We have inspiring sites around the country including our beautiful base in East Sussex. Give us a call: we can come to you or you can experience our amazing Tepee village in the woods.
Really Wild Education has some of the most experienced and amazing outdoor professionals in the business. They have summited the highest peaks and collectively visited every continent on Earth. They are also experienced qualified school teachers, leaders in business and they are passionate about bringing out the best in young people in some of the most amazing locations in the world.
School camps and day trips are perfect for:
- Enhancing the DofE award scheme
- Year group events
- Enrichment excursions
- Specialised SEN development
- Promotional events and School Open Days
- Subject-related field trips
- Welcoming new cohorts to the school
We seek to inspire and equip each student to discover their own potential. In partnership with School Staff we build programmes where students return to school more engaged and motivated to succeed.
Our school camps typically range from 1-4 nights and include a wide range of activities. We cater to all abilities with introductory, intermediate and advanced levels which can lead on to expeditions at home and abroad. We also offer camps exclusively for SEN groups or as rites of passage.
Activities you can include in your school camp:
- Flora and Fauna ID including foods medicines and poisons!
- Stalking and tracking to discover animal behaviour and signs
- Fire craft and backwoods cooking
- Try out primitive technologies and woodland tools
- Search and rescue exercises
- Discovering habitats and foraging for wild foods
- Making and sleeping in shelters both man-made and natural
- Creative camp crafts
- Team building and leadership challenges to build effective communication and group skills
- Learning about human development and skills for a successful society
- The Really Wild Olympics with an array of night games, wide games and skills challenges
Students can also wild camp, stay in tents and dependent on location, even sleep in Mongolian yurts!
Drop us a line to see what we can do for you...
Any size group from 10 to 260.
Just ask, we can cater for your group.
Yes: outdoor classrooms including marquees, tepees and mini-yurts, indoor barn and hall.
All of our Leaders are fully trained in First Aid; with Mountain Rescue and Expedition Medic Qualifications.
Yes, we welcome everyone to come and enjoy our activities.
Yes, we specialise in supporting SEN students.
Camp Learning Outcomes:
All learning outcomes and personal development objectives are agreed with teaching staff beforehand and written into our team's lesson plans to ensure everything we deliver is appropriate, completely relevant and has the most positive impact on the students we teach.
Examples of skills include:-
- Outdoor skills, understanding and appreciation of the natural environment.
- Personal development: attitude, confidence, resilience, self-reliance, self-discipline, empathy, teamwork, leadership, community, cognitive development and problem solving - using our methodology for success.
- Academic development: links to KS 1-5 Maths, Science, Geography, History, Pre-History, Environmental Studies, PE and PSHE.
Principles taught during camps help young people in their preparation for school life and/or their transition between schools, to college, university or work.