If you are unable to visit us in Chester, we provide a schools outreach programme across the UK.
Dressed as a 1st Century Roman Soldier, we engage pupils through curriculum-relevant role play, character acting, questioning and activities, providing a unique and dynamic educational experience around the period of the Roman invasion and settlement of Britain. Our costumes and equipment, are exact copies of real artefacts and equipment found through archaeology investigation, to ensure our representation is as accurate as possible.
At Roman Tours we can bring life to the story of the Roman invasion of Britain and the assimilation of the Britons into the empire nearly 2000 years ago.
We provide both full and half day presentations, with one or two Roman soldiers or characters.
For tours of Chester we can accommodate a maximum of 35 pupils per tour. If we are visiting your school we can provide one Roman soldier per class.
We can specially tailor sessions for all schools and also cater for disabilities and special needs.
- We follow all Dfes Guide lines for working in Schools
- All Presentations are keyed to the National Curriculum
- Everything we carry and wear is copied from an actual find
- We use Character acting, questioning and role play to
develop and understanding of the period
- We have worked with schools and Museums for 10 years