School Trips at Paradise Wildlife Park
We offer talks from Animal care to conservation and bespoke presentations tailored to your requirements. Also you have the whole day at Paradise Wildlife Park to explore the Animals, Shows and play area’s we have. We offer educational talks from reception 0-5 years old, to Key stage 1 which is 5 -7 year olds, key stage 2 & 3 is for 7 -11 year olds and then key stage 4+ is for 14 years old upwards. We also go offsite and hold educational talks and events at schools and in classrooms.
Why are Paradise Wildlife Park great for School Trips and Educational Visits?
We are a fantastic place for educational visits as we have classrooms specifically built for educational talks, with a container full of different area’s schools and classes would like there students to know. We are known for being Britains most interactive zoo, as our education and conservation centre of excellence is award winning. We have a daily programme of around 35 activities that include, meet the keeper sessions, talks, shows and events. We also are home to the largest Anaconda in the UK, the largest collection of small Monkeys in the UK and the only Wildlife Park to home all 5 of the Big Cats!
Activities available during group visits
Reception - Ages 0 to 5
- A half hour 'Show & Tell' session with some of our animal friends.
Key Stage 1 - ages 5 to 7
- Learn all about the responsible pet ownership! Children will learn through interactive activities what our animal friends need to be happy and healthy. We will also look at what animals make good pets and animals do not.
- All the 'vores!' Learn about carnivores, herbivores and omnivores, with a presentation to see what and how they eat.
- 'Now you see us, now you don't' - Children will be shown a short DVD, which features a variety of different animals, and explains key concepts of camouflage. This is followed by an interactive session with various camouflage themed fun activities.
Key Stage 2 & 3 - ages 7 to 11 (Available for other age groups)
Circle of life
- This presentation explores life cycles within the animal kingdom; looking at the various stages of development in amphibians, reptiles, insects, birds and mammals.
Conservation in Paradise
- Learn about conservation issues such as habitat loss and poaching, whilst looking at real life artifacts (courtesy of HM Customs), including animal skins and ivory. Children will learn about how they can help towards conservation efforts, and the role of a modern zoo.
- This is an interactive classroom based discovery session, where you will be introduced to a range of invertebrates. Children will be split into groups and each group given a mini-beast to study using magnifying glasses.
- Discover some amazing animals that live in rainforests around the world, and how they have adapted, in order to survive. you can then look for them, around the zoo! Children will also learn abut rainforest destruction and how we can help.
- Learn about which animals are nocturnal and why. We will discuss the amazing senses and other adaptations, which help animals find food and stay safe in the dark.
Key Stage 4 & Beyond - ages 14+
- A short power point presentation looking at the type of customers we have, and the different ways our 'good customer service' is delivered. Subjects discussed include our staff training, disability awareness, and customer complaint procedures.
Marketing & Leisure Studies
- Take a look at our marketing initiatives and new projects we are undertaking. The presentation explains how we reach our target markets, and allows students to discover how Paradise fits into the tourism and leisure industry locally, regionally and nationally.
These packages include a 30 minute tour of our animal park, and an information pack for each student. Group limit 30.
What size groups do you cater for?
We can cater anything from 2 people to 4000 people. But for school groups we can operate for 30 people per group. We have 3 state of the art classrooms in our Discovery Centre with all the chairs, tables, monitors, projectors, boards etc that you would need.
Do you offer on-site classroom facilities?
Here at Paradise Wildlife Park we take our commitment to education and conservation very seriously; it’s an important part of our vision and mission statements. We have revitalised our Education Programme giving our visitors a wider choice and exciting new packages. Our new fully equipped education building is called the Discovery Centre and this is where we now offer our activity based education sessions.
Is there first aid on site?
Yes we have a first aid cover and also a first aid room on site, with many of our staff with first aid certificates.
Do you offer access for visitors with disabilities?
The Park is wheelchair friendly, even our "Big Cat Walkway" has a ramp for easy access. Our enclosures have viewing windows to enable easy viewing for children and wheelchair users. We have a specialised play area for those with disabilities. There are various disabled toilets on site and our main block has left and right hand transfer.
We are very easy to get to, as you can access our park by Bus, car or train. We are a short train ride from London, as you can arrive to Broxbourne Train Station via London Liverpool Street and Tottenham Hale.
We will even pick you up! We provide a regular pick up & drop off service to and from Broxbourne Train station in one of our Station Wagons, which is £3 per person return.
Group Ticket (20+)
Current School Trip Offer
When purchasing 20 or more tickets for a single day at Paradise Wildlife Park, a discount is applied at the checkout. Tickets are just £9 per person.
Tickets can be bought online on the day of entry. Please look for the pre-paid ticket entrance on arrival.
Entrance tickets are always available to purchase at the gate on the day of your visit. (We are closed on Christmas Day).
Need more inspiration?
We are bursting with ideas on places that deliver first class teaching both outside the classroom and as in-school workshops. Here are a few similar suggestions, or head to our tailor-made trip form and let us know how we can help you!